I’ll make this real simple for you…
Print this list, put it on your fridge, make these tips a part of your life and you’ll already be 80% closer to your body goals this year.
1. Avoid doing too much, too soon.
2. Each week, eat a bit better than last week.
3 Set a personal best of some kind in every workout.
4. Make your goals about things you can control vs. things you can’t (e.g. ‘do five workouts this week’ vs. ‘lose ten pounds this month’).
5. Treat yourself like someone you’re responsible for helping.
(Stole that one from Jordan Peterson’s 12 Rules For Life.)
6. You can’t out-train a bad diet.
7. Drink 1L of water before breakfast and at least 1 more liter throughout the day.
8. Supplement with EFA’s daily.
9. Stop all complaining.
10. Embrace repetition. Success is a few key things done well over and over again.
11. Consume 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. Just maybe not immediately after the 1L of water I told you to drink in #7. I won’t be responsible for what happens if you do.
12. Do something nice for someone today.
13. Use the 5×5 rule: no carbs after 5PM/5 nights per week.
14. Learn to relax.
15. Play the long game. It most likely took you years to gain the fat so be patient. Consistency + time = results.
16. Cut back on coffee and alcohol.
17. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
18. Prioritize strength training.
19. Walk more. Spend more time outside.
20. Pay attention to what you’re doing with your body. Stand tall. Shoulders back. Consciously try to relax any areas of tension. Come back to your breath. Breathe deeply.
22. Pick foods with only one ingredient.
23. Don’t overdo your cardio. It’ll tank your metabolism.
24. Avoid sugar.
25. If you only focus on results, you’ll never see change. If you focus on change, you’ll always see results.
BONUS TIP: Accept screw-ups lightly. Being able to laugh when things don’t go to plan is a highly under-rated success characteristic. Simply correct and continue.
For more, get my 30 Day Transformation email series. One very timely tip per day to keep your transformation engines a hummin’.
Get your good feelz here: